Monday, November 12, 2007

Old Ironsides

The United States Navy celebrated its 232nd birthday on October 13. It was founded by an act of the Continental Congress in 1775. This old ship is moored at the Charlestown Navy Shipyard in Massachusetts.

Navy people celebrate the birthday every year. The old ship is kept in good shape. I was reading a blog by James Aalan Bernsen
who is serving in the Navy as we speak, stationed in Baghdad, pretty far from the saltwater, engaged in intelligence work, whatever that is -- but he seems intelligent and reports in his blog on what he sees of the Iraq conflict.

I make my own connections, because when I got to thinking about the Navy, I remembered the time I lived in Boston, when I walked across the Charles River Bridge and took a tour of Old Ironsides.

No comments: