Monday, September 05, 2016

on the shelf




Trump is an ogre of mythic proportions. His name will be remembered for centuries. He is on a par with Ivan the Terrible and Ghengis Kahn. He is a master of drama.....the writer in me loves him...he is so very, very, very baaaaaaaaad!
They will write novels and make films and create operas about Trump. He is larger than life.  I saw him Thursday night on three channels simultaneously -- CNN, MSNBC and Fox News -- all broadcasting his immigration speech live. The cameras love Trump................Compare Trump to Hillary. She is dull. Even her scandals are dull -- like email. Tell me the cinematic qualities of email -- how do you film a story about email? Hillary has no story, no movie, no opera, no myth........I'm trying to support Hillary Clinton but she is near to invisible. I never hear from her. She runs a tightly controlled machine. How could a person like me be on her campaign staff?  She requires obedience and blind loyalty, as she grinds it out on her path to the White House.
So many people feel she deserves it. She's waited so long. She spent eight years helping her husband do his job, being a loyal wife. Should she get a turn now? For all the women who waited tables to get their husbands through law school  -- is it her turn now?
But I don't hear from her or from her staff. They want people who will stay on message. They have their calculations and media buys. They don't need my support.  I am frustrated and disappointed, because I wanted to play a part in the big show, but I'm on the shelf. It's not my turn.
Except I am part of a very large group -- voters in the millions who can barely stand her but still prefer her to Trump. Can she win without us?

Refusing to Stand. San Francisco Quarterback Colin Kaepernick refuses to stand for the national anthem in protest of black oppression. He got my attention, so here's what I think about his stand:
Why do black parents let their sons and daughters play ball? Professional sports are a huge payoff for a tiny minority of black youth -- a thousand losers and one winner. Keep your children out of the NFL and the NBA. don't let them play basketball or football. There is no future in it. Focus on real careers, let your children be architects and pharmacists, dentists, farmers, electricians, doctors and nurses. These people are the heroes of black America. Stay away from sports. My prayer for black America is that sports hero Mohammed Ali is the last of his kind.
It's All About Frog Hospital. Boy, I need to get out of my own head. This could be a good day for the beach. Did you know that spending more time on the beach can solve almost any problem?
Frog Hospital comes to life. I am determined to add more names to the Frog Hospital mailing list. Right now we are at 350 people and our goal is 500. This week I added two names, Danny Jensen in LaConner and Ron Newman in New England. Normally I don't reveal subscriber names, but just this once I do this, as an example. I have known both of these gentlemen for many years and the interesting thing is how little they have in common..... except they both like to read Frog Hospital. That is the nature of this publication -- that we cover the territory and don't take sides. Okay, I'm a Democrat, but not combative.
That is why you should pitch in and buy a subscription. True, you can stay on the mailing list for free and forever and I will still be grateful, but it is a simple matter of time and money. I am through with gardening work and I have spent too many years with a shovel and trowel, toiling like a peasant. I only do it because I need the money. So Frog Hospital income means a healthful change for me.
Think about it. Trump doesn't need the money. Hillary doesn't need the money. I do need the money.

Go to the Frog Hospital blog and hit the PayPal button for $25. Or make a check for $25, make it out to Fred Owens and mail it to:
Fred Owens
1105 Veronica Springs RD
Santa Barbara, CA 93105
thanks a lot,
Fred



--
Fred Owens
cell: 360-739-0214

My gardening blog is  Fred Owens
My writing blog is Frog Hospital






--
Fred Owens
cell: 360-739-0214

My gardening blog is  Fred Owens
My writing blog is Frog Hospital



No comments: