Thursday, April 13, 2006

Stress, Part II

I took the medication for the stress.The placebo effect should kick in quickly. The actual medicine is not supposed to work for several days. If these little pills don't work, I'm just going to leave this little town and go back to the West Coast and be a Squeegee Man, odd job garden boy. There was no status and people looked down on me, either to smile, or to get me out of the way -- but there was never any stress. Wherever I was -- that's where I was, and I always tried to be where somebody else was not, and that way I did not have to compete for the space or pay too much rent.

Where there was a pretty place that other people forgot about? That's where I went.

That life is still there any time I want to go back to it. I have that option.

No comments: