Saturday, November 01, 2014

Celebrating Four Years in California



It was four years ago this November. I worked the last day at Hedlin’s Farm Stand in LaConner. It was the end of the season and all the dahlias had been killed by an early frost…….. I closed up the shop. I had already stored my earthly goods at a generous barn on Beaver Marsh Road.
It only remained for me to throw a few things in my trusty old Toyota and head south.
.
.
.
That was the smartest thing I have ever done. I am sure glad to be here in California – the Golden State. I love the sunshine. I love the beach. I love the lady I live with. It couldn’t be better.
.
.
.

One of the things I like about California is how big it is, and how important it is. I like living someplace that’s big and important. They make a lot of mistakes here in California – big mistakes – and I like that.
.
.
.

They make big mistakes because they – I mean we – are willing to throw it all in and give something a chance. The road to success is paved with a hundred failures…. Hey, I need to send an email to the Governor because I had this idea last night, it might sound a little crazy, but if we tried it ……That’s California.
.
.

No comments: