Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Lentils

Thousands of people across the globe are wondering what I had for dinner tonight. I will tell you. I combinied and re-heated some leftovers.

For vegetables, I had some carrots and cauliflower that I had steamed with a sprig of rosemary. For a main course, I had some spaghetti with meat sauce -- a very simple dish, Newman's own sauce percolated along with some ground chuck, chopped onions and garlic, mixed with cooked pasta, and left in oven to get better acquainted -- but that was yesterday. Today I just took a scoop of the pasta, along with the steamed vegetables, and put them in a saute pan with a scoop of lentils -- also already cooked.

Now, these are those cute little French lentils. They are smaller, darker, and creamier. They cook quicker, and they only cost a little bit more, and lentils don't cost much anyways, but you have to go to Whole Foods in San Antonio to get them, because they don't have them at the H-E-B.

That was the hot part. The salad part was a half avocado slice, and a kiwi sliced, not mixed together, but each in their own little pile, of which I put salt on the avocado and some hot sauce, but plunked the kiwi down straight and sweet into my mouth. In fact I ate the kiwi first, because everything else was hot.

Now, this may surprise you, but I believe this is the very first time that I had bought and eaten a kiwi.

Oh, I eat them all the time at other people houses, but I never did them myself until tonight.

No comments: