Friday, November 07, 2014

frustrations


.
.
.
I am trying to paste in a photo of the Greyhound Bus Station in Cleveland. This bus station,, constructed in 1948, is a masterpiece. But I am unable to use the paste function on this stupid iPad.

If  I really, really wanted to put in that photo, I would have to crank up my laptop, but that takes too long.

So please look it up on Google and you will agree that it is a fine building.

I know this because I was in this very building in 1996. I was on a cross country bus tour, from
Boston to Seattle and back ...... That is much too long for a bus ride, but I wanted to take a look at the country, and you cannot be driving if you really want to be looking out the window at the passing scenery..... If you go from Boston to Seattle and back, you will see a great deal of it.

It is my country, every ever loving square inch of it, so I must sometimes go around to take a look and to maintain possession.

I brought along a paperback edition of The Brothers Karamazov. This is a very long and very intense Russian novel. Most Russian novels are very long and very intense, as you may know, but this one is the pinnacle of Long, intense Russian novels, and also the perfect companion to a very long bus ride, in our not quite as big as Russia country, but with much better roads.

So, what was it like on this bus ride. What did you see and how did you feel?

Honestly, I don't know how to explain this, except it felt like I was a character in a very long and very intense Russian novel.

No comments: